Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Why didn't we find this place earlier

You may read in all of the tour books and magazines about the famous Abu Shukri Hummus in the old city of Jerusalem, or Abu Ghosh, but the truth is that the hummus you find in the north far exceeds all others. Whether it be Hummus Said in Acco or Abu Adam in Kfar Yasif, it is simply better. Another gem we recently discovered in Kfar Yasif is a little bakery. On a few occassions we have had baklava here made with peanuts. I suppose if you are a big peanut butter and honey fan (Nina) this may appeal to you, but I prefer the salty goodness of pistachio...that is I did until we found this place. The pistachio baklava is great, as is the Kanafe, but the peanut baklava has stolen my affection. They grind the peanuts so that it is almost the consistency of peanut butter - good, natural, chunky peanut butter. Salty. Sweet. Amazing.

So much anticipation...can you stand it?


Kanafe. I'm not really sure what it is, but Scott loves it. I'll safe my calories for the nut filled treats.


And, finally, the baklava in a variety of shapes and sizes.


It is by far the best baklava we've had in Israel... and anywhere else for that matter.

No comments: