Pages

Friday, October 26, 2007

Chili

When the weather turns, I immediately start thinking about warm soups and hearty stews, chili, too. I've found a recipe for chili that I really like, but it's not the good old fashioned chili...it's chunks of chuck slowly cooked in a spicy tomatoey chili sauce, which is great, but doesn't scratch the same itch. I've been on a bit of a chili kick lately, starting with my frito pie from the fair and on Monday we had a chili dinner for our floor party at Swiss Tower. It's got me thinking that I really ought to find a good chili recipe...one like Kathrin and Ryans super-secret awesome chili.

One year at post we did a chili cook-off and I was told that all-meat chili always wins contests, but I kinda like beans in my chili. I know some chili has chocolate in it and others have all kinds of vegetables. What kind of chili do you like?

No comments: