Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chimichangas


I saw a recipe for chimichangas in Sunset magazine that sounded like a nice veggie meal. But when I started thinking about it I knew that Ilan wouldn't eat it as far as he could throw it. So, I made the nopales and poblano version for Scott and I and made a few black bean and cheese chimichangas for the boys. Ilan loved it! So, we've been on a bit of a black bean and cheese chimichanga kick lately. They're really easy to do...even moreso if you have a toaster oven! I made one today in a non-stick skillet, too. Just brushed the oil on and voila! Nice and crispy and cooked in under 5 minutes.

The Poblano and Nopales Chimichanga recipe is available from the sunset link above. To make the black bean and cheese version I just used shredded cheese, black beans, garlic powder and a touch of salt for the filling.

No comments: